University of Worcester, England
Reflections on my time in Worcester so far:
- I find myself a terrible chef here. Back home I consider myself a decent cook, but here I don't cook, I just eat. It's not that the food is difficult to work with, or that I don't like it. I simply just can't cook here. But at the moment, I'm ok with that.
- The student life at Uni. of Worcester parties... all the time. There is physically no way to keep up.
- Worcester for the first month and a half = cloudy. Worcester in spring = sunny (most days).
- Naps are my friend :)
- People say "Cheers" instead of "Thank you"
- Being an international student gets you lots of free stuff on Wednesday nights.
- Always get your books early in the library. If you don't, they will be gone.
- I don't trust the snack machine in the library. It stole 70p from me.
- The best chocolate is the Cadbury Bournville dark chocolate bar. Unfortunately, it's also expensive. So when I'm short on cash, I go for a KitKat Chunky. Different, but equally delicious.
- The Worcester News posters make for good (cheap) decorations for the kitchen.
- You must get in to Tramps nightclub before midnight... or else you pay £6 or something crazy like that.
- Running around the horse race track is nice.
- Theme parks are on a much smaller scale as opposed to the US, but still entertaining and relatively cheap :)
- I swore up and down that I wouldn't eat at McDonalds... until I realized that it's the only place decent open past 10pm.
"Where ever you go, go with all your heart."